It’s a burning question for aspiring creators, and the answer is… well, it’s complicated. There’s no one-size-fits-all answer, but this post will dissect the different income streams and give you a peek behind the scene.
1. Ad Revenue: This is the most common monetization method on CANVAS. If your webtoon attracts enough eyeballs (think thousands of page views per episode), you can display ads and earn a share of the ad revenue. The catch? Your earnings depend heavily on factors like your audience size, ad engagement, and the ever-changing world of CPMs (cost per mille).
2. Donations: Building a loyal fanbase is key to unlocking this income stream. Platforms like Paypal or Patreon allow readers to directly support your work, offering a steady income and fostering a closer creator-fan connection.
Want to know how I market my webtoon to help get more views and increase my earnings? I share my process in this youtube video below:
But Wait, How Much Can I Actually Make?
The truth is, there’s no magic formula. Every webtoon artist’s story is unique, and their earnings reflect that. Just like my experience with my webtoon Catch Me! Fight Me! Love Me! your income could vary depending on factors like:
- Subscribers and Views: The more eyes on your webtoon, the more potential for ad clicks and donations.
- Engaging Story and Art: Captivate your readers, and they’ll be more likely to stick around and support you.
- Marketing and Promotion: Spread the word about your webtoon! Utilize social media, collaborations, and online communities to reach a wider audience.
Want to see how much my webtoon series made on webtoon canva that currently has over 25k+ subscribers and over half a million views? Watch this video below where I share my stats:
If you want to make a webtoon but you don’t know where to start, my webtoon for beginners ebook is perfect for you. I will show you what tools and software I use and beginner friendly tips on how to market your webtoon online.