Creating a webtoon comic on an iPhone may seem daunting, but it’s actually quite easy with the right tools. If you currently draw your webtoon comics traditionally with paper and pencil, you can still turn that into a digital format with the help of apps like ibispaint.
Here’s my step-by-step guide on how to make a webtoon comic on your iPhone:
- Start by using the camera on your iPad or smartphone to take a photo of your traditional drawings.
- Next, upload the photo into ibispaint or another similar app. This will allow you to reformat the pages and make them suitable for a digital format.
- Once you’ve reformatted the pages, you can use the internet browser on your iOS device to upload your webtoon onto LINE webtoon.
- To do this, type in the LINE Webtoon website url into your internet browser and then request the desktop version. This will allow you to publish your webtoon on mobile.
- Keep in mind, you can’t upload comics as of yet using the Webtoon App, but you can if you use their website through your internet browser.
- Another option for creating webtoons on your iPhone is to use the Clip Studio Paint app. This app is subscription-based, but it has lots of similar comic features like panel tool creator.
- If you’re looking for a free and lightweight app alternative, ibispaint is a great option. This app doesn’t seem to have any system requirements to use on your iPhone, which is awesome!
If you’re still a beginner when it comes to creating webtoons, don’t worry! I have a “How to Start a Webtoon” ebook where I cover how to make, publish and monetize a webtoon comic for beginners. Download it now by clicking here.
And if you’re looking for a wholesome, fake marriage trope, AMBW manga webtoon to read to pass the time then you might want to check out Catch Me! Fight Me! Love Me!