Webtoons format can be simplified down to comic pages that are stacked on top of each other vertical with Tapas or Webtoons site instead of the traditional side by side horizontally format.
If you want to publish on LINE Webtoon then your webtoon format can be either less than and no bigger than 800 pixels wide by 1280 pixels long.
Here is a quick list of 3 different webtoon/comic platform sites in pixels:
- LINE Webtoon Format:
- Webtoon Series Thumbnail size in pixels : Width: 436 pixels x Height: 436 px
- Episode Thumbnail size Maximum: Width: 160 pixels x Height: 151 px
- Webtoon File size Maximum: Width: 800 pixels x Height: 1280 px
- Series banner size Maximum: This is only available for feature artist at the moment.
- Tapas (Tapastic) Webtoon Format:
- Webtoon Series Thumbnail size Maximum: Width: 960pixels x Height: 1440 pixels
- Episode Thumbnail size Maximum: Width: 300 pixels x Height: 300 pixels
- Webtoon Image File size Maximum: Width: 940 pixels x Height: 4000 pixels
- Series banner size Maximum: Width: 1280 pixels x Height: 460 pixels
- Popcomics Webcomic Format:
- Webtoon Series Thumbnail size Maximum: Width: 640 pixels x Height: 640 pixels
- Episode Thumbnail size Maximum: Width: 200 pixels x Height: 200 pixels
- Webtoon Image File size Maximum: Width: 1440 pixels x Height: 2036 pixels
Next let’s go ahead and cover some common questions you might have when you want to learn how to make a webtoon!
Does a webtoon format size have to be exactly 800 x 1280 or can it be less than that?
- You’re webtoon image size can be less than 800 x 1280 and even the webtoon image I upload tend to be 800 x 1000.
How do you get your webtoon to not be so blurry?
- If you draw your webtoon in the 800 x 1280 size it will look blurry because that canva size is too small to draw in.
What I do to stop my webtoon from being so blurry is I triple the image size and draw in 1600 x 2400 and the dpi at 600.
When I’m done drawing my webtoon in Clip Studio Paint I can click export and have it resize down to 800.
My webtoon size is 1 long strip and it won’t upload on LINE, what do I do?
- What I use when my webtoon size is too long is I use croppy website and it will cut my long strip into several manually images for LINE or Tapas platform
How do you guys usually make your pages connect after you upload them in pieces?
Both LINE Webtoon and Tapas platform will automatically connect the images together so it looks like one seamless vertical webtoon format strip~ Pretty cool huh?~
What should you do next?
If you have any more questions feel free to leave a comment down below and I’d be happy to answer them!
Also if you’re looking for a wholesome, fake marriage trope, AMBW manga webtoon to read to pass the time then you might want to check out Catch Me! Fight Me! Love Me!