I personally use TikTok to share my webtoon creation process, tips, and behind-the-scenes looks at my comic and when I’m low energy I will just share images of my webtoon using SEO booktok style to help the algorithm to push my videos to my target audience. By using SEO in the booktok style and providing value by answering questions about the comic creation process, I’ve been able to gain 6,000 webtoon subscribers in just three months.
But can artists really use TikTok? Absolutely! TikTok is a great platform for sharing short videos about all sorts of interests, including comics and art.
Here are some content ideas for webtoon comic creators on TikTok:
- Behind-the-scenes looks at your comic creation process
- Sharing what supplies you use and where you get them
- Demonstrating how you use certain tools
- Showing your favorite product and why it’s your favorite
- Speedpainting/drawing time-lapse videos
- Sharing your workstation/setup
- Sharing a before and after
- Sharing the trope within your webtoon story
One way I like to use TikTok is by creating mini speedpainting videos that I can easily add music to, similar to how I make videos for YouTube. However, I do everything on my phone instead of using a camera and editing on a computer.
Timing with the music can be tricky, but with practice, you’ll get the hang of it. Just remember to have fun and share your work with the world!
If you have any more questions, feel free to leave a comment below. I also have a How to start a webtoon ebook that covers how to make, publish, and monetize a webtoon comic for beginners.
And if you’re looking for a wholesome, fake marriage trope, AMBW manga webtoon to read, check out Catch Me! Fight Me! Love Me!