Hi~iii SO! If you’re a comic artist, you might be thinking about creating your own website to show off and publish your work.
While there are a bunch of different publishing platforms out there, like WEBTOON, Canva, and Tapas, sometimes you might wanna go with a content management system (CMS) like WordPress so you can have more control over your site’s design and branding, plus the ability to add extra features as well as options to monetize your website using ad display programs like Google Adsense or Ezoic but we won’t get into that topic just yet~.
Creating a webcomic website with WordPress is pretty simple and can be done in just a few steps:
- Choose a domain name and hosting provider: Your domain name is the web address that people will use to access your site, and your hosting provider is the company that stores and serves your website’s files on the internet. There are a ton of options, and you can choose a provider that has plans specifically for WordPress websites.
- Install WordPress: Once you’ve picked a domain name and hosting provider, you can install WordPress on your site. Most hosting providers have a one-click installation process, so you can get up and running fast.
- Choose a WordPress theme: WordPress comes with a bunch of pre-installed themes, but you can also choose from a ton of free and premium themes that are specifically designed for webcomic websites, one specific one that I want to recommend is Toocheke but there is also Comic Press/Comic Easel but the biggest issue I have with their theme is that I don’t believe it’s been updated in a little bit. Now the thing to note with these wordpress themes and why they are a great option to use for your webcomic website is because usually they have features like comic navigation, social media integration, and customizable homepage layouts.
- Customize your site: Once you’ve chosen a theme, you can start customizing your site to fit your needs. This can include adding your own logo and branding, creating pages and posts, and adding features like a shop or a forum for your fans.
- Publish your comics: Finally, you can start publishing your comics on your website. WordPress makes it easy to upload and organize your comics, and you can even use plugins to create a custom comic reader or automatically publish your comics on social media.
- By creating your own webcomic website with WordPress, you can have complete control over the design and branding of your site and add extra features and functionality to suit your needs. With a little bit of setup and customization, you can quickly and easily create a professional-looking website to showcase and publish your comics.
If you’re a beginner webtoon artist trying to create and publish your own webcomic, our ebook can help you get started.
We’ll introduce you to the digital drawing tools and art programs used by professional webtoon artists, and give you tips and advice to help you improve your skills and create awesome comics. Plus, with our step-by-step guide, you’ll be able to quickly and easily set up your own webcomic website and start sharing your work with the world. Click here to learn more and get your copy today!
Learn what hardware webtoon artists use, what tools webtoon artists use to draw digitally, and a full breakdown of the webtoon process, plus more!
Also, if you’re looking for a wholesome, fake marriage trope AMBW manga webtoon to read to pass the time, you might want to check out Catch Me! Fight Me! Love Me!
One Thought on 5 Simple Steps to Creating a Webcomic Website with WordPress
Thank you for writing this post. I never thought to use wordpress specifically for webcomics.