The way that I format my webtoon in Clip Studio Paint is to draw in multiple files sized at 1600 pixels wide and 2400-4600 pixels long.
One of the reason why is that when I draw big I can shrink my file down small without losing image quality but if I draw small and try to make it bigger then I lose the image quality.
Formatting my webtoon file double the upload requirement of 800×1280 helps my art and texts to stay smooth and clear.
I will then either manually crop my webtoon panels in Clip Studio Paint or I will use croppy to auto resize and slice my files for me.
Here is a quick little check list of my webtoon format process:
- Webtoon Canvas size before resizing – 1600 pixels wide and 4600 pixels long
- Webtoon canvas size after resizing – 800 pixels wide and 1000 pixels long
- Program used for slicing – Clip Studio Paint EX or Croppy
- Device(s) used to draw my webtoon – Wacom Cintiq is what I use for my desktop computer because I use the desktop version of Clip Studio Paint on my Computer. I also use my iPad Pro and ibis paint that way I can still work on my webtoon anywhere I want without having to drag around a computer and ibis paint is free and compatible with Clip Studio Paint as well!
- do you apply text before or after resizing? – I add my text before I resize my webtoon before I resize because I like to have the last step just be exporting and uploading.
- Webtoon Font size – 14 pixels with a canva layer of 1600 wide.
- Do you export your files in jpg or png? – I export my webtoon in jpg file format because I can only upload a total of 20MB onto webtoon and PNG will take up a lot of that MB space.
- What is your DPI? – I keep my dpi at 600 but that’s because I plan on printing my webtoon but you can use a smaller dpi of 300 and some use 72 but you might notice some blurriness at that level so be careful.
- How many panels does your Webtoon have?- My webtoon usually have about 20-30 panels and I like to update once a month as my maintainable pace.
What should you do next?
If you have any more questions feel free to leave a comment down below and I’d be happy to answer them!
Also if you’re looking for a wholesome, fake marriage trope, AMBW manga webtoon to read to pass the time then you might want to check out Catch Me! Fight Me! Love Me!