If you’re a beginner webtoon comic artist or a beginner digital artist then some great budget friendly Graphic tablet brands would be Parblo, GAOMON, ARTISUL, Ugee.
I remember those days~ I first started drawing digital back in 2007.
I’ve now turned my comic art hobby into a published career! There are a lot more inexpensive drawing tablets for beginner comic artist than there were back in the early 2000’s
So here is a list of the 5 cheap and beginner friendly drawing graphic tablets for aspiring digital comic artist and webtoon creators!
Parblo A640 Graphic Tablet
- Price: $29.99 | Drawing Area: 6 x 4 inches | Connectivity Type: USB type-c connection | Supported Software: Windows, Mac | Pen Pressure Sensitivity: 8192 levels | Supported Programs: Photoshop, SAI, Painter, Illustrator, Clip Studio, Krita, etc
Parblo’s A640 is a very cute and simple graphic tablet. The drawing area is 6 x 4 which is it’s full screen. It’s easily portable and light weight enough to where this is a great starter tablet for beginner digital webtoon artist! It also has 4 hot keys that can be used for setting the save, undo, select and transform button. These are some of the most used keys I personally use for my webtoon comic!
- Battery-Free Pen stylus with tilt support!
- 4 Hot key settings on the top of the tablet
- The surface can get scratched up fairly quickly
- There is no option to only use a portion of the tablet area for drawing.
- Price: $39.99 | Drawing Area: 6.5 x 4 inches | Connectivity Type: USB & Type-C to USB Adapter | Supported Software: Windows, Mac | Pen Pressure Sensitivity: 8192 levels | Hot Keys: Yes | Supported Programs: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Clip Studio, Lightroom, Sketchbook Pro, Manga Studio, CorelPainter, FireAlpaca, OpenCanvas, Paint Tool Sai2, Krita and so on.
It’s so exciting finding more cost and beginner friendly graphic tablets! It’s even more exciting when I’m find more that are battery free and have high pen pressure sensitive levels and this tablet seems to have it all!
What’s also nice is that you can also connect this graphic tablet to your mobile smartphone and draw your webtoon or comic artist on mobile!
This always blows my mind because I’m not used to seeing that! It’s so exciting to be able to draw anywhere you want!
Also it’s an add plus that it’s so lightweight as well so there’s no need to carry around lots of heavy products like we had to do in the past.
Just your phone and tablet will do just fine~ Totally beginner friendly graphic tablet!
- Battery Free Pen!
- Anti-Slip Design at Bottom
- Support OTG Function (Android Phone only)
- Low Pen durability so be mindful if you’re a bit of a butterfingers~
- The adapters for the Android might be a bit unwieldy when drawing on your lap so might be best laying it flat on the table.
- The pen gets a little shaky but the smoothing setting in some art app can help that!
Monoprice 110594 Graphic Drawing Tablet
- Price: $39.99 | Drawing Area: 10 x 6.25 inches | Connectivity Type: USB | Supported Software: Windows, Mac | Pen Pressure Sensitivity: 2048 levels | Hot Keys: Yes | Supported Programs: Adobe Photoshop (From my research there does appear to be some issues with the pressure sensitivity not working with certain art apps so make sure to keep this in mind if you are a stickler for needing pressure sensitivity or you’re okay with manually shifting between pen size.)
It took me a moment to figure out the name of this specific Graphic tablet but it’s the Monoprice tablet and it’s series is 110594…..not sure if that’s it’s actual name but this is the specific Graphic Tablet model that is at this cheap price of $39.99
- 16 user assignable Hot Cells along the edge of the drawing surface.
- Left hand friendly!
- 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity
- The pen isn’t battery free and needs AAA Batteries
- The pressure sensitivity is not compatible with some free art app programs like Krita
Ugee M708 GRAPHIC TABLET
- Price: $59.99 | Drawing Area: 10 x 6 inches | Connectivity Type: USB | Supported Software: Windows, Mac | Pen Pressure Sensitivity: 8192 levels | Hot Keys: Yes | Supported Programs: Adobe Photoshop, Photoshop CC, Illustrator, LightRoom, Corel Painter, Autodesk MAYA, Pixologic ZBrush
UGEE is actually a new brand for me that I haven’t heard of before so I was very excited to see this!
We need more drawing art tablets for comic artist out here! Rock the boat a little bit!
Not only do I like the fact that it has a really nice wide drawing space but it’s also left-hand friendly so give it up to my leftie artist out there!
- 8 Shortcut keys
- Comes with a pen holder!
- Advanced Silkscreen so you get that nice smooth surface
- You have to click to switch between the pen and eraser
- The pen needs a batter….that’s personally one of my big no-no’s on my oh no-no list….
- Lots of issues with the drivers needing to be reinstalled or being glitchy
- According to some research it doesn’t seem to support some of the more popular and free art apps….Another mark on my oh no-no list….
ARTISUL M0610 PRO GRAPHIC TABLET
- Price: $69.99 | Drawing Area: 10 x 6 inches | Connectivity Type: USB & Type-C to USB Adapter | Supported Software: Windows 7 Or Later, MacOS 10.8.5 Or Later, Android 6.0 Or Later | Pen Pressure Sensitivity: 8192 levels | Hot Keys: Yes | Stylus Pen Nib Replacement: Yes | Supported Programs: Photoshop, Medibang Paint, Autodesk, Clip Studio, Illustrator, etc
Artisul Pen Tablet M0610 Pro is also very light weight it’s pen is also battery free which is always a plus in my book!
Now it’s cost is a little more than the Parblo Graphic tablet but you get a lot of really nice accessories included!
For example this tablet comes along with a Pen Bag, set of replaceable nibs, a glove so that your hand can glide smoothly on top of the screen surface and OTG Adabpters
Also the super special thing about this graphic tablet is that it supports Android OS! So you can plug this up to your android phone and use it that way! OMG!!!
This is something I haven’t normally seen and I’ve been drawing digital for well over 10+ years so I’m excited!
- 8 shortcut Keys
- Android OS Support
- LED Customizable Quick Dial
- The ±60° Tilt feature is Only For Mac computers
- The cost (insert sad face~)
Sometime simple and inexpensive is better, at least when you’re starting out
You don’t have to go out and buy the most expensive art tool when you’re first starting out. Just having any simple basic laptop and graphic tablet is more than enough!
What should you do next?
If you have any more questions feel free to leave a comment down below and I’d be happy to answer them!
I also have a free ebook where I cover how to make, publish and monetize a webtoon comic for beginners!
Also if you’re looking for a wholesome, fake marriage trope, AMBW manga webtoon to read to pass the time then you might want to check out Catch Me! Fight Me! Love Me!